- Learning Centre – FITTING AN ACROGEARS CHAINWHEEL TO A MANUAL GEARBOX HANDWHEEL
- W.I.S.E. Water Industry Safety Event
- Learning Centre – ACRORGEARS TORQUE SETTING OF A TORQUE LIMITING DEVICE
- Paint booth that protects your investment
- Beck Group actuators in action
- Limitorque Heavy Duty LPS Pneumatic Actuators- stocked and ready
Case Study – WATER TREATMENT PLANT UPGRADE
Acrodyne were contacted to replace two isolation valves on sedimentation basin inlets at the Water Treatment Plant. The original valves & actuators were unserviceable due to age, wear & tear and time was critical as the job had to be completed within the low water demand winter shutdown period which is between May – July each year.
Sector: Water & Waste Water
Category: Waste Water Treatment
Products: Limitorque MX
This WTP is the primary source of drinking water for the greater Brisbane and Ipswich areas, having
a production capacity of 1000 megalitres per day.
The solution was for two Limitorque MX electric actuators and extension spindles to be installed and commissioned onsite during a 24 hour shutdown. Due to a time restraint the previous valves & pipework were cut out and replaced with two AVFI DN1050 (42”) Double Eccentric Seal on Disc Butterfly valves & flange adaptors. The two Limitorque MX electric actuators and extension spindles mounted directly and effortlessly to the gearbox on the valves.
All project criteria were met and all stakeholders happy with the outcome meaning the supply of fresh drinking water will continue to flow for many more years.
Advantages to the customer when installing a Limitorque electric actuator:
- 3 year warranty for each of the actuators
- Acrodyne’s commitment to support and service
- No batteries
- Simple setup
Products and Services Used
- Limitorque MX Electric Actuator
- Acrodyne Sales and Service
THIS TECHNICAL REFERENCE IS ACRODYNE’S INTERPRETATION OF THE PROJECT AND HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED BY THE END USER